The Way of Scripture Participant's Book is also available for small-group members.
Do you search the scriptures to validate your own beliefs and decisions, or do you allow the Word to search you? If you're looking for a deeper experience of God's Word, this study will support you in going beyond simple Bible study. You'll find ideas to help you lay aside preconceived notions and daily worries, creating a place for a transforming encounter with God.
The Leader's Guide for the 8-week small-group study provides the following:
- The structure of each weekly 2-hour group meeting
- A list of materials for all meetings
- Simple worship suggestions for opening and closing the meetings
- Instructions for facilitating shared insights and learning
- A variety of practical approaches to lectio divina
Sessions address these topics:
- Silentio: Preparing to Be Read by Scripture
- Lectio: Ingesting the Word
- Meditatio: Wrestling with God
- Oratio: Letting God Know How We Feel
- Contemplatio: Abandoning Ourselves to God in Love
- Incarnatio: The Word Becoming Flesh in Us