As Christians, we hunger to know and live out God's purposes for our lives. But how do we know for certain that our choices are moving us in the right direction?
Which Way, Lord? is a 6-session churchwide or small-group study that will help you understand God's desire for your life by unpacking your experiences alongside those of the apostle Paul.
Through many detours, adversity, and time spent thinking about his life, Paul completely reoriented his understanding of faith and God's purpose for his life. God placed Paul in a community that shared God's love with him, and Paul underwent several years of training in preparation for his ministry.
Discover how to discern and follow God's leading, explore ways God can use you and your life experience, respond to God's signals, endure hardships and doubts, and persevere with hope and faith. Rediscover the truths that you are wonderfully made, created for purpose, and equipped to live a life of significance. Join us in traveling together to find your purpose.
What is included in the study?
- Exploration of biblical stories about the life and missionary journeys of Paul
- Fuquay's personal experiences of learning and discerning to follow God's will
- Servant Spotlights—stories from Christians who discerned and lived out God's purpose for them
- Reflection questions
THE DVD FEATURES:
- Age-level guides for children, youth, and adults
- 6 sessions filmed in Turkey, Israel, and Greece. Fuquay explains the significance of various locations in Paul's missionary journeys, enlightening viewers with tidbits about the history and culture of Paul's time. The video sessions for this study are as follows:
- Session 1: "Consulting Your GPS" — 14:05
- Session 2: "Understanding Yourself" — 11:51
- Session 3: "Facing Adversity" — 13:53
- Session 4: "Dealing with Detours" — 9:40
- Session 5: "When You Doubt Yourself" — 11:35
- Session 6: "Tenacity" — 16:07
To purchase the DVD click here.
For more information and samples, visit WhichWayLord.UpperRoomBooks.com.
Rev. Rob Fuquay is senior pastor at St. Luke's United Methodist Church in Indianapolis, IN. As a pastor to one of the largest churches in the denomination, Rob says as he studies Jesus, he sees someone who shows grace to all people, and he wants to be a part of a church that models that understanding. Fuquay has degrees from Pfeiffer University and Candler School of Theology at Emory University. He and his wife, Susan, have three daughters — Julie, Sarah, and Anna. Rob is the best-selling author of The God We Can Know: Exploring the "I Am" Sayings of Jesus.